- Real Estate Guide
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (“DMCA”)
SCIAR respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects you to do the same. Per the DMCA, SCIAR will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement on the Site if submitted to SCIAR ‘s Copyright Agent as described below. Upon receipt of a notice alleging copyright infringement, SCIAR will take whatever action it deems appropriate within its sole discretion, including removal of the allegedly infringing materials.
If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been violated by SCIAR or by a third party who has uploaded materials to the Site, please provide the following information to SCIAR ‘s designated Copyright Agent listed below:
a. A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
b. A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;c. An address, telephone number, and e-mail address where SCIAR can contact you and, if different, an e-mail address where the alleged infringing party, if not SCIAR , can contact you;
d. A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use is not authorized by the copyright owner or other intellectual property rights owner, by its agent, or by law;
e. A statement by you under penalty of perjury that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on the owner’s behalf;
f. Your electronic or physical signature.
SCIAR may request additional information before removing any allegedly infringing material. In the event SCIAR removes the allegedly infringing materials, SCIAR will immediately notify the person responsible for posting such materials that SCIAR removed or disabled access to the materials. SCIAR may also provide the responsible person with your e-mail address so that the person may respond to your allegations.
SCIAR reserves the right to terminate, limit or suspend any user’s access to the Site in the event of repeated infringing activity. If you believe that a user of this Site is a repeat infringer, please follow the above instructions to contact SCIAR’s Copyright Agent. Please include sufficient information to assist SCIAR in determining that the user repeatedly engaged in infringing activity.
SCIAR registered* a designated agent with the Copyright Office pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 512(c). SCIAR ‘s designated Copyright Agent is:
2353 Periwinkle Way Ste. 201
Sanibel, FL 33957
*Registration submitted. SCIAR awaits confirmation notification from the U.S. Copyright Office.
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 is a civil rights law that mandates the elimination of discrimination against persons with a qualifying disability. Sanibel Realtors attempts to make its information accessible to all individuals. If you use special adaptive equipment and encounter problems when using this website, please report them using the contact information provided on the website, or by contacting the website provider directly. Additional accessibility resources and assistance are available at ADA.gov.
Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS® Accessibility Statement
Updated: June 2020.
Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS® strives to ensure that its services are accessible to people with disabilities. Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS® has invested a significant amount of resources to help ensure that its website is made easier to use and more accessible for people with disabilities, with the strong belief that every person has the right to live with dignity, equality, comfort and independence.
Accessibility on sanibelcaptivarealtors.org
sanibelcaptivarealtors.org makes available the UserWay Website Accessibility Widget that is powered by a dedicated accessibility server. The software allows Www.sanibelcaptivarealtors.org to improve its compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1).
Enabling the Accessibility Menu
The sanibelcaptivarealtors.org accessibility menu can be enabled either by hitting the tab key when the page first loads or by clicking the accessibility menu icon that appears on the corner of the page. After triggering the accessibility menu, please wait a moment for the accessibility menu to load in its entirety.
Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS® continues its efforts to constantly improve the accessibility of its site and services in the belief that it is our collective moral obligation to allow seamless, accessible and unhindered use also for those of us with disabilities.
In an ongoing effort to continually improve and remediate accessibility issues, we also regularly scan sanibelcaptivarealtors.org with UserWay’s <a href=”https://UserWay.org/scanner” title=”Free Website Accessibility Scanner”>Accessibility Scanner</a> to identify and fix every possible accessibility barrier on our site.
Despite our efforts to make all pages and content on sanibelcaptivarealtors.org fully accessible, some content may not have yet been fully adapted to the strictest accessibility standards. This may be a result of not having found or identified the most appropriate technological solution.
Here For You
If you are experiencing difficulty with any content on sanibelcaptivarealtors.org or require assistance with any part of our site, please contact us during normal business hours as detailed below and we will be happy to assist.
If you wish to report an accessibility issue, have any questions or need assistance, please contact Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS® Customer Support as follows:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 239-472-9353 Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS®
By using our website, you agree to the following.
SanibelRealtors.com and SanibelCaptivaRealtors.org provides Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS members with a single site to conduct their real estate business.
This Agreement contains the terms and conditions that apply to your use of SanibelRealtors.com and SanibelCaptivaRealtors.org. Please review the SanibelRealtors.com and SanibelCaptivaRealtors.org Terms of Service, and if you do not agree to be bound by them, do not use the website.
When using SanibelRealtors.com and SanibelCaptivaRealtors.org, please keep the following guidelines in mind”
In consideration of being allowed to use this website, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. Use of this website in any manner shall constitute your acceptance of the following terms:
1. Passwords. Members of Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS will be issued a user ID and password (which you may subsequently change) to access password-protected sections of the website. You agree not to provide your user ID or password or to otherwise grant access to password-protected sections of the web site to any other person and, if you do so in violation of this Agreement, you will be held responsible for: (a) providing access to the web site in violation of the terms of this Agreement, (b) the online conduct of such person; (c) monitoring such person’s access to and use of the website; and (d) the consequences of any use of the web site by such person.
2. Restrictions on use. This website is owned and operated by Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS and contains data, text, graphics, code, software and other content (“Website Content”) that is supplied and owned by Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS and other sources and is protected by copyright, trademark and other applicable laws. Unless otherwise expressly and specifically permitted by usage terms relating to specific Website Content, you may not:
Provided Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS members keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices, they may print, download and use Website Content for:
Screen scraping or using other means to extract Website Content or data in bulk from this web site or its related applications is strictly prohibited.
3. Information provided by you. Some of the services offered in connection with the website require or permit you to provide information. If you use such services, you agree to:
You will be responsible for all content you provide for use on the website; Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS will not be responsible for the content you provide for display on the website. Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS and its service providers reserve the right to take any action reasonably necessary upon notice of a potential claim to mitigate their exposure to liability for contributory or vicarious infringement, defamation or other claims arising from, relating to or based upon any content you provide to the website, including removing such content and turning off your access to the website or portions thereof. Such action will not be considered a breach or default by Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS or its service providers.
5. Website content ownership; trademarks. Website Content (other than that which you provide) is owned by Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS and its licensors. The Website Content is intended solely to provide business information to authorized users of the website. Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS and licensors do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of, or otherwise endorse, the views, opinions or recommendations appearing on the website, or advocate the purchase, sale or use of any Website Content, service or product offered in connection with the website. SanibelRealtors.com and SanibelCaptivaRealtors.org is the registered trademark of Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS, and all trademarks, service marks and trade names used on the website are the property of Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS, its subsidiary, or their respective owners, and may not be copied, downloaded or otherwise exploited without the permission of Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS or the owner of such trademark, service mark or trade name.
6. Infringement policy. Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. Section 512 as amended by Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “Act”), reserves the right, but not the obligation, to terminate your license to use the website if it determines in its sole and absolute discretion that you are involved in infringing activity, including alleged acts of first-time or repeat infringement, regardless of whether the material or activity is ultimately determined to be infringing. Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS accommodates and does not interfere with standard technical measures used by copyright owners to protect their materials. Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS has registered a designated agent with the Copyright Office pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 512(c). If you believe your copyright material is being used on this site without permission, please notify the designated agent at:
Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS
2353 Periwinkle Way Ste. 201
Sanibel, FL 33957
In addition, any written notice regarding any defamatory or infringing activity, whether of a copyright, patent, trademark or other proprietary right, should be sent to our designated agent, listed above, and must include the following information:
A. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of (1) the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or (2) the person defamed.
B. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site. Similarly for other types of infringing materials, a list of such materials.
C. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, to be the subject of infringing activity, or that is claimed to be defamatory and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
D. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and/or electronic mail address.
E. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright or other proprietary right owner, its agent, or the law.
F. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or on behalf of the person defamed.
Associated Press text, photo, graphic, audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. Neither these AP materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use. AP will not be held liable in any way to Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS or to any Permitted Employee [Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS member or employee] or to any third party or to any other person who may receive information in the Service or to any other person whatsoever, for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing or occasioned thereby.
8. Warranty disclaimer. THE WEBSITE CONTENT AND FUNCTIONALITY PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEBSITE, AND THIRD PARTY SITES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, FAR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
SANIBEL & CAPTIVA ISLANDS ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS WEBSITE AND ITS FEATURES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING THE COMMUNITY AREAS, OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE, ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
SANIBEL & CAPTIVA ISLANDS ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR RESULTS OF USE OF THE WEBSITE CONTENT OR THIRD PARTY SITES IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, APPROPRIATENESS IN A GIVEN SITUATION, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
YOU ASSUME ALL RISK OF ERRORS AND/OR OMISSIONS IN THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING THE TRANSMISSION OR TRANSLATION OF INFORMATION. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR IMPLEMENTING SUFFICIENT PROCEDURES AND CHECKS TO SATISFY YOUR REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ACCURACY AND SUITABILITY OF THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREIN, AND FOR MAINTAINING ANY MEANS THAT YOU MAY REQUIRE FOR THE RECONSTRUCTION OF LOST DATA OR SUBSEQUENT MANIPULATIONS OR ANALYSES OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREUNDER; YOU (AND NOT FAR) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY MAINTENANCE, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
9. Limitation of liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL FAR OR ITS SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES NOR THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR BASED ON THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE, OR FOR ANY WEBSITE CONTENT, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF SANIBEL & CAPTIVA ISLANDS ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT SANIBEL & CAPTIVA ISLANDS ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS AND ITS SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND SUPPLIERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY USER OF THIS WEB SITE.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS and its subsidiaries and suppliers and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents, from and against claims, actions, suits, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees at all levels) arising out of or based on (a) any material posted or otherwise provided by you that is illegal or infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy, (b) any misrepresentation made by you in connection with your use of the website; (c) your entry of false, misleading, fraudulent, discriminatory or defamatory information into, or your omission of material information from, a database, form, Web board or other discussion forum provided through the web site; (c) any non-compliance by you with the terms and conditions of this Agreement; and (d) claims brought by third parties arising from or related to your access or use of the web site.
11. Termination. This Agreement and the license rights granted hereunder can be terminated at any time by Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS and for any reason and without notice. You may terminate at any time by discontinuing use. Termination or suspension of this Agreement or your access rights shall not affect any right or relief to which Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS or its subsidiaries may be entitled, at law or in equity. Upon termination of this Agreement, all rights granted to you will terminate and revert to Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS and its licensors.
12. Modification. Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS reserves the right to amend this Agreement, with such amendments becoming effective upon notice thereof, which may be provided to you by posting on the website, via email or any other reasonable means. Continued use of the website by you shall be deemed to indicate your acceptance of any such amendments. Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS also reserves the right to modify, add or discontinue any aspect, content or feature of the website at any time without notice to you.
13. Non-U.S. access. This website is controlled and operated by Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS from its offices within the state of Florida, United States of America. Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS makes no representation that the Website Content is appropriate or available for use outside the United States. Those who choose to access this website from outside the United States do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent that local laws are applicable. Software from this website is further subject to United States export controls. No software from this website may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported (A) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods, or (B) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. By using the website, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
14. Dispute resolution. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law, and venue will be in Fort Myers, Florida, with each party agreeing not to contest or seek to change venue.
15. Miscellaneous. You may not assign any of your rights, obligations or privileges hereunder without the prior written consent of Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of REALTORS. Any assignment other than as provided for in this Section shall be null and void. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This Agreement and any posted operating rules constitute the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between the parties with respect to such subject matter. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default. The titles and subtitles used in this Agreement are used for convenience only and are not to be considered in construing or interpreting this Agreement. Sections 7, 8, 9, 10, 14 and 15 will survive termination of this Agreement.